Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

What is a factory farm?

I've never liked the term "factory farm," mostly because nobody seems to be able to define it. For many livestock producers the term is offensive as well as troubling. Here's what Concentrated Animal Feeding Operation (CAFO) livestock producer Anne Burkholder has to say:


I am an American.

I am a wife.

I am a mother.

I am a cattle caregiver.

I work at a CAFO.

I laugh, I cry, I love, I live, I care with every fiber of my being…

I hope that you think of me when you go the grocery store and look at the beef in the meat-case because it is people like me that care for cattle and raise beef

I am not a factory…


Read more of what Anne has to say about the term "factory farm" on her blog Feed Yard Foodie.

Until next time,
Chelsea



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails